Royal Family Kids Camp:
June 12-16, 2023
*Camper applications open March 2023 – check back here to apply.*
Royal Family KIDS Camp is a weeklong, overnight summer camp experience for kids in foster care. Camp #24 (Bakersfield, California) is for kids currently in foster care in Kern County. Spots are limited and priority will be given first to all returning campers. New child applicants are always welcomed and encouraged! All new applicants will be placed on a wait-list until known spots become available. Camp is 100% free for all families!! Notification of ‘acceptance’ to camp for new child applicants, based on availability, will be sent out at the end of May. Foster parents/guardians will be notified and given all the details necessary to send their child to camp. More information about our camp can be found under the “about us” tab.
Before applying please see ‘Camper Application Requirements’
Camper Application Requirements
- Campers must have a history of abuse, neglect or abandonment and are currently placed in foster care, kinship, or alternative care that is displaced from their biological family.
- Campers must be between the ages of 7-11 ; on or by June 1st.
- Campers who are 12 must have previously been to our camp or from another Royal Family Kids Camp location and are returning for their final year with us.
- Campers must be physically able to participate in a full week of outdoor camp activity.
- *If a child is reunified with their biological family prior to camp, they no longer qualify and a spot will be given to another child. Children that have attended our camp before and are adopted, may still attend, with the approval of their adopted family.